If you want to be a world class leader have good work balance and generally want to be a successful in your career and in your life then Time Management skills is the way. Here are some tips to help manage your time, but it may not be the same for everyone:
1. Set goals for your life & work smartly every day and try to accomplish them so that you can be rewarded for that work
2. Divide the whole work into two (important and urgent) parts and get that work done on priority basis.
3. Learn to create delegates so that work can be shared
4. Start the work by dividing the whole schedule of the day into smaller parts
5. Set clear deadlines
6. At least 15 minutes a day to review the work of the previous day
7. Not doing many things at once means not saying multitasking
8. Link action to their respective goals
9. Block some things that can confuse you or disturb you
10. Determine the work plan for the future
11. Get some rest, rest, and regular sleep before going to bed
12. Sometimes try to say NO because multitasking work can’t be done properly
13. Have fun at least some time every day
14. Try to not to be overwhelmed by your own work
15. Inspire & motivate yourself (Be your own HERO) etc.
There are few things that we need to understand clearly:
Effective Time Management: The most important benefits of time management
The three P’s of time management: Planning, Prioritizing and Performing are the 3P’s which tips and techniques can help you to get more done and feel more productive. These are the keys to success.
Importance of the Time Logs & To-do lists: One of the very important way of managing our time is being able to create something which is known as Productivity Journal.
Identifying Time Wasters:
Understanding the Pareto Principle of 80/20:
Urgent v/s Importance:
Being Busy v/s being Productive:
Therefore, we can say Time Management Skills are a broad set of skills that help you manage the time you spend during the workday and ensure that it’s being spent as effectively as possible.